#1 2020-09-13 16:54:58

ThadM89786

By on by My rating:

Tag Archives: book.
Review: Match Up.
By    on Sunday, July 30, 2017       Match Up by Lee Child My rating: 5 of 5 stars I had only read a couple of these authors and I am  always on  the lookout for new books to read so this was a great way of trialing them out.
The unique idea of blending  character s from different authors together in multiple short stories was intriguing and worked really well.
None of the tales felt awkwardly written.
Each story was  different  and engrossing – the only sad thing is that they are short stories and I often wondered what would happen next.
Highly recommended – especially if you’ve read at least one of  the author s and want to see one of the characters in a completely different scenario.
Netgalley was kind enough to give me an ARC for this book but it would  definitely  be a book I would get for myself.
Continue Reading.
By    on         by  My rating:.
By    on            by  My rating:        Thanks to  for the  opportunity  to read and review this book.
By    on           writes a very detailed and exciting book that gives details on several escape methods used to leave  East German y, not just tunnels although they are the primary focus.
The depths that the diggers went to,their heroism and  the risks  that the escapees took deserves a wider audience and this book provides a very detailed account of what happened.
As a follow up to the book.

I will be watching the NBC video

that will provide an extra insight into the situation.
I would  recommend  that you read the book before watching the film though.
A special thanks to  for the review copy of this book.

Zero Downtime Migration seminar in Cincinnati tomorrow

By    on Friday, October 23, 2009       I’m currently reading The Network Migration Workbook: Zero Downtime Migration  Strategies  for Windows Networks as can be seen on my Goodreads shelf.
So far it’s been very useful and there have already been lots of tips that would save our company time (and therefore) money in doing migrations.
Even if we didn’t go down this particular route for migrations, the tips applied would be very beneficial for other types of migrations, especially when it comes to planning and quoting for the migration itself.
The only hard bit is to get the customer to agree to the restrictions in the plan – it is vital to quote for *only* the migration – everything else results in another helpdesk ticket, project or work order.
I’ve been reading the book for a couple of hours straight through – I’ve resisted the lure of jumping to the checklists – and still have some way to go, which is why I’ve not posted a review of the book yet – but so far I’m definitely recommending it – but note that some significant time needs to be invested for each person in the migration project from the sales person, to the project manager to the team lead down to the tech doing the work.
In some companies this could be one person – in our company it’s probably three people.
Anyway, the point of this blog post was to mention that the author is going to be at An Introduction to Zero Downtime Migrations – and More in Cincinnati tomorrow (Saturday) for an all day training event which I am attending.
It was worth the cheap admission to get an in person overview of the book and also some tips and previews of the other books he has written – I’m particularly intrigued by the Network Documentation book as this is something that is typically hard/time consuming to do yet so valuable when troubleshooting customer networks (and is NEVER provided by the client).  If you’re going to this training day, be sure to say Hi.
If you want to browse Karl’s store then you can click on my affiliate link or click through directly to the books from the links above (not affiliate linked).
Currently the cheapest place to buy the book is either used from Amazon or new from the Good Little Books store.
It did amuse me to see that someone has the Zero Downtime book listed for $1165 and a used version for $564 which is crazy when the book brand new is currently $250 (will be $300)     Continue Reading.
By    on        The  book by Karl and Manuel Palachuk has arrived in the post this morning.
An expensive book but I’m hoping this will reduce the number of weekends I have to work.
Even if the book saves me 5-6 hours once, it will be well worth it.
590 pages to read, full of checklists and stuff – I’m looking forward to going through this.
Unfortunately it came 5 days late for last weekends migration.
I’ll be writing a review later when I get a chance to start reading on it.

By    on        I think I can hack together a reading list using WordPress and a plugin

My preferred solution would be to use MT and a plugin but the only plugin that seems to do that requires a new version.

So I’ve installed the  into WordPress and made the following changes
Categories Select Category #msignite2017  (4)

Net  (2) 2Factor  (2) 404 pages  (4) ADP  (1) Adsense  (2) ADSL  (2) AIX  (5) AmericanFootball  (1) AntiSpyware  (2) AntiVirus  (23) Apache  (5) ASP  (4) Audible Books  (1) Audio  (5) AximElated  (12) Azure  (1) B2  (1) Backup  (14) BackupExec  (5) Backups  (9) Banking  (3) Belkin  (2) Beta Testing  (9) Blackberry  (13) Bloggar  (2) Blogger  (3) Blogging  (56) BlueJackq  (1) Bluetooth  (5) bookmarking  (1) Books  (29) BPOS  (1) Buckeyes  (1) Bugs  (58) Car  (7) Cats  (4) Chat  (4) Christian  (1) Chromium  (1) Church  (3) Cold  (1) Computer Hardware  (4) Concerts  (9) Control Panel Backup  (2) copiers  (1) Creative Zen  (3) CSS  (18) Defender  (1) Dell  (21) Directories  (2) Disaster Recovery Restores  (11) DNS  (4) Domain Names  (3) Dreamhost  (4) DST  (6) DVD Burning  (1) Eating Out  (1) Email  (42) Evernote  (4) Exams  (19) Excel  (1) Exchange / Outlook  (101) exchange2007  (10) Extensions  (12) Facebook  (2) Films  (24) Firefox  (41) Firewalls  (10) Fitness  (1) Flash  (4) Flash Mobs  (3) Flickr  (22) Food  (10) FriendsInTech  (13) Froderick  (1) Funny Pages  (87) Gadgets  (1) Games  (8) Garmin  (3) Geoblogging  (10) Geocaching  (17) Geotagging  (4) Ghost&nbs.

Categories Select Category #msignite2017

Net 2Factor 404 pages ADP Adsense ADSL AIX AmericanFootball AntiSpyware AntiVirus Apache ASP Audible Books Audio AximElated Azure B2 Backup BackupExec Backups Banking Belkin Beta Testing Blackberry Bloggar Blogger Blogging BlueJackq Bluetooth bookmarking Books BPOS Buckeyes Bugs Car Cats Chat Christian Chromium Church Cold Computer Hardware Concerts Control Panel Backup copiers Creative Zen CSS Defender Dell Directories Disaster Recovery Restores DNS Domain Names Dreamhost DST DVD Burning Eating Out Email Evernote Exams Excel Exchange / Outlook exchange2007 Extensions Facebook Films Firefox Firewalls Fitness Flash Flash Mobs Flickr Food FriendsInTech Froderick Funny Pages Gadgets Games Garmin Geoblogging Geocaching Geotagging Ghost Gmail Gnomads Google GoogleMaps GoogleVoice GPS Greasemonkey Group Policy Hacking Hasweb Holidays Home repairs Hosting Hotfixes Hyper-V IBM ie7 IIS Imported Blog Installed Greasemonkey Scripts Instant Messaging Internet Explorer Intuit ipod ISP’s Itunes Java Job Hunting KVM Laptops Library Links Linux Live Communication Server Lotus Notes mac Mambo Mandrake Maps MBSA Meme Microsoft Microsoft Max MovableType Moving to the states Mozilla MP3 Music Networking News ODBC Odeo Office OMSA OneCare OneNote Other Blogs passwords Patches Perl Phone Photo Friday Photos PHP Pipex PocketPc Podcast Popfile Powerpoint Powershell Powertoys Productivity Programming pumpkin Qiq hosting Quickbooks Rants & Complaints Real Life Registry Remote desktop control Resource Kits Restaurants RevDrives Reviews Ricoh RSS Feeds RSS Readers Sage SBS ScreenCaptures Scripting Search Engines Security Settling in SharedView Sharepoint Shopping Skype Software Reviews Spam Sprint Spyware SQL Support Symantec Synctoy SystemCenterEssentials Tater Taxes Technet Telephones Terminal Services Theatre Thunderbird Timeslips Toshiba Training Trend Tutorials TV Ubuntu UK Locations Uncategorized Uniform Server Utilities Veritas Virtual PC Virus Visio Vista Visual Basic Visual.

Board footer